Decision Coordinator provides unique capabilities to layer task, customer account, and geographic location specific limitations to employees and third parties accessing applications and devices on your network.
With these limitations in place, your organization can more flexibly grant extremely limited access to your systems to match the scope of the work an employee is assigned. Possible applications include:
- For managed services, granting your employees access to customer systems you manage, only for the brief time there is a verified need, such as an existing work task assigned to an employee or employee group.
- Severely limiting access for employees working off-site of your facilities, such as employees working from home.
- Meeting government restrictions to prevent data on sensitive federal accounts and facilities from ever being transmitted overseas.
Information access is no longer just about passwords and audit trails. You need to provide employees and third parties very limited access to your data, so there is no opportunity to misuse your business or customer data, especially when users are outside the USA, in regions where they cannot be prosecuted for stealing information.
We do this and enhance information access as well, giving a smart 'task oriented' experience to third parties, for example, smartly combining information from multiple applications so the user has all the information needed to make perfect decisions without having to learn the navigation of your application stack. Example, combining order, provisioning, inventory and contact information.
Information access is also about measuring and holding third parties accountable for their work effort. Do you want to be paying a company a lot of money to perform a difficult task, only to find out they perform that work in 30 seconds, or that they failed to follow all the steps of the contracted process?
ServiceSPAN's Decision Coordinator software will measure and manage each of the above, and much more to eliminate wasted time. For example, if a third party is working a customer issue in another country, but the customer calls your staff in the USA, in real-time your employee can pull the work away from the third party and fix it live with the customer, rather than risk duplicate effort.
High Level Features:
- Route manual work that needs to be done, such as errors, orders, adjustments, claims, emails, case management and billing (e.g. 'work item') to the lowest cost, most appropriately skilled employees to do the work, both in your business and to third parties. Routing can be based on user skills, multi-language capability, types of providers, types of service, $ amount, or other specific criteria.
- Users cannot surf company applications as they please. They can only see information in company applications pertinent to the pending work assigned to them.
- DC overlays your existing applications, to show users only what they need to see for their assigned role in working a 'work item'.
- DC tracks which orders and customers have open issues, compares it to the workflow that is needed to resolve an open issue, and determines which users of your applications should be granted granular access.
- Provide a smart display to users of only the information they need to get the job done for pending 'work items'. Do they need to see the customer name? Do they need to see available inventory or other resources? If not, we prevent it.
- Provide a filter as to information that can be sent back into your applications, to prevent users from making bad entries or entries that prevent future automation. If information needs to be posted to multiple systems, have the user enter it once, and have DC write it correctly to multiple systems.
- DC measures minutes and seconds of how much time users are spending on each item of work, offers a checklist as progress is made and determines if your costs are in line with the level of work.
- DC will use information from multiple systems, to measure the quality of work performed by users. Know which employees are not being managed correctly, and quickly root out training, skill level, or employee quality issues that are costing the business money.
- See our web-site to learn how we operationalize your data analytics investment and integrate machine learning into your process while providing data security.
- For users that access network elements, DC can extend this same security capability to other systems. DC can use the same logic as above to grant or deny access to specific network elements related to a specific task, and if so, proxy access to the network element in a new GUI window for the user. This saves time and complexity for users accessing the network element and associating what they did with when they accessed the network element in security logs.